Saturday, April 9, 2016

On the Road Again

Yes, I'm humming that good, old Willie Nelson song as I write this.  I'm back home now, but end of March and beginning of April have been satisfying my Irish Traveler genes.  I went to Las Vegas end of March for a great photo workshop called, Beyond Vegas with Mauricio Alainis which I will cover over at the Ann Tracy Photography blog.  It was great and I got to meet up and spend a few days with one of my oldest friends - Kate Maney.

Back in November when JK and I were at his sister's house in Northern California with that branch of the family, our nephew's wife said that she and Sean were starting a tradition that when their kids got to be 13, their present would be a trip.  Their daughter Hannah just turned 13 and wanted to go to NYC.   So of course I told them we would meet up with them (any excuse to go there) and I would try to get Hamilton tickets.  I scored the tickets back in December, at a premium price, but after seeing the show, I'm convinced that Lin-Manuel Miranda is some kind of genius theatre dude.

We stayed at the Algonquin, which has always been a dream of mine.  It's now a Marriott and my points work there!!  I loved the fact that they didn't much it up like the Weston chain did to the St Francis in SF.

From the lobby looking out at the front door and then the rest are going to your right.








Later this week I'll post about our trip to MOMA and the

Marcel Broodthaers: A Retrospective

Through May 15

The first New York retrospective of the irreverent poet-turned-artist reunites key works from throughout his career.
Marcel Broodthaers: <span cl /calendar/exhibitions/1542" href="http://moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/1542">

Post a Comment