Saturday, November 14, 2015

Madeleines Opening Night Nov 19th

I suppose it all comes down to a big thank you to Margit and Al over at Snowlion Repertory Theatre Company and their PlayLab.  If they had not accepted me into the PlayLab (yes, you're juried in so to speak) when I first got to Portland, I might not be directing the world premiere of Madeleines by Bess Welden which opens this coming week!  It was their idea to have members of the lab write 10 min plays focusing on food that they would produce as the Maine Feast during Restaurant Week here in Portland Maine.  I was also lucky enough to be picked to direct Bess' play along with another one by Carolyn Gage.  They also had the smarts to cast Karen Ball and Julia Langham in the 10-minute version that we did back in March.  Karen, Julia and I fell in love with the play, and in talking with Bess, realized that it was just a bit of a bigger piece.

Julia Langham as Debra and Karen Ball as Jennifer.  Paintings behind them are by Molly Holmberg Brown, one of the Running with Scissors Artists and Mapmaker! 


After a reading of the bigger play and some conversation, we agreed to co-produce it ourselves, if Bess could get us a spot in the Studio Series at Portland Stage.  Everything fell into place and we present the work November 19th through the 22nd.  You can get more info by clicking HERE.

And of course I've had other irons in the fire as well with accepting a spot in the Berlin Photographic Biennial in August of 2016, preparing a piece for the Space Gallery Free for All Show.... AND getting ready for the Running with Scissors Holiday Pop Up Shop and Open Studios on December 12th! 

My plan for that pop up shop includes doing custom dog ornaments (or cats or bunnies) with a percentage going to the Animal Rescue League in Westbrook!  I asked one of my dog-loving FB buddies to send me a photo of her dog...and here's her ornament of her (obviously) good boy - Connor! 


If you would like one, email me (anntracy51 at gmail.com) and I will send you an invoice for a down payment.  I'm thinking of pricing these at $25 as it does take some time to make them (including processing in photoshop, printing, drying, applying to wooden disks and then painting backs and edges gold). 
Post a Comment