Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Back to Brushes

Yes I was....painting with them.  Maybe it was because I'm still processing photos from The Maine Dish - that I will post at some point next week.  I had one started on a canvas that had some encaustic wax on it (I had used the wax to make a print on mulberry paper then coated with wax adhere to the small 10 x 8" canvas.  Didn't like the way it looked, so I pulled it off and used just a frame so ambient light could filter through from the back.  I had started to paint a bit on it and then just let it sit.  I find I sometimes have to do that with real time paintings.

"Knowing without Knowing" 
© Ann Tracy 2015


As I was starting on the above, I began another painting on paper.  Used the same technique of  working it a little, then letting it sit and going back to it and came up with this.

Looking Back on Emotional Disasters © Ann Tracy 2015 

If you're interested in either of these small pieces, please contact me directly as the originals will be available only through the studio.
Post a Comment