Friday, March 15, 2013

Post Cuba

Was talking to my friend Phil today and the topic of my recent trip to Cuba came up.  Told him I'd go again in a heartbeat, which I would especially today as it was 28 degrees when I jumped into the car to go to the gym.  Speaking of Cuba, I'm still obsessing over the photos trying to decide which will go into my mini gallery show at Constellation and which will go into the slide show that I'm putting together for the Woodford's Club (waves at Nora).  I'll be underscoring it with music from one of the groups we saw there, an all-women group of musicians who were playing in the courtyard of a building which housed small, artisan shops and a little cafe.

I thought I had some video of these ladies playing, but no!  Which means I will make a little film out of the slide show and underscore it completley with the music of these ladies from their latest CD (which I bought) Amor Cervaza.

When I get the show up at Constellation Gallery, I've decided that I will hang string on the walls and "hang" the photos from the strings like the Cubans do with their laundry!

But the original reason I decided to post today is to tell you that another Travel Blog - Travlr - is carrying my post about getting to Vinales.

In Art World News, let me bring you this flash from Art Fag City.  Had never heard of this group of young artists before, but love what they're doing!  What do you think?

Post a Comment