Saturday, December 29, 2012

We're Funded!!!

The reason you haven't had an update recently is that with the work I have to do as one of Santa's elves, combined with traveling down to Savannah to spend the holiday with my sista and encouraging folks to donate money to fund my next art project... there just wasn't enough time!  But now, I'm happy to report that we are funded at 101%!  I'm delirious, over the moon and filled with joy and love for my friends and family who are backing me on this next one!

NOW the work begins with gathering props and small bits of costuming (because I haven't been able to find someone to work with here in Portland), scheduling shoot times with my models and with the studio owner and then shooting the eight poses that I've chosen.

But in the meantime, enjoy this short video of my dog Crash tearing his Christmas toy apart...
video
One of the things that I hope to do with these 3 Graces tapestries, other than raise environmental awareness, is to once more blur the line between photography and painting.  I've been doing just that throughout my career as a digital alchemist beginning in 1998.  So it's always interesting when art writers focus on the famous people now doing that when we little people have been doing it much longer....  special thanks to my friends at the Digital Art Guild Yahoo Group who originally posted this article. 
Post a Comment