Wednesday, November 7, 2012

No More Political Ads

I'm so grateful that the elections are over and the little TV that I watch will not be bloated with lies and half truths.  I would love to do a public art project that would include the purchase of TV spots that informed people that most ads are, well, lies or half truths.  I might make a few 30 spots that could air on Vimeo or You Tube.  But enough about me, how are you?

Do you often feel that you are not as talented as the other kids  artists?  Sometimes after looking at particularly good work, I feel a little inadequate as a creative person.  It's that moment of doubt that always comes over us just as we're about to take that leap off whatever cliff we have come up against.  Then I have to remind myself that we're all different and stars in our own rights.  Then, I see things like this.  I remember that I do have my own kind of crazy magic.

In other news, the winner of a print from the Ann Tracy room at Constellation Gallery is Katelyn Payne!  Come own down and pick out your print.  Since next month is December, I think I'll give away two prints, so be sure to come to Constellation for first Friday if you're in Portland.

and finally, what do you think of this?


Post a Comment