Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dodged the Bullet, Again

Remember Hurricane Irene?  It was last year, near the end of August.  It looked like it would wreak havoc all over New England, but it was mostly Connecticut, and parts of Massachusetts, then up on into Vermont and upstate New York that caught most of the damage.  Same thing with Sandy here in Portland.  We got rain, wind and some of us (lucky me) didn't even lose power.  But what a mess Manhattan is in now.  Folks up in Connecticut were also hit hard.  My sympathy and condolences to those who lost loved ones in this storm.

The photo was taken at Short Sands Beach in the town of York.  That's just down the road from Cape Neddick where I lived as a kid.  I can remember feeling the energy of the hurricanes and nor'easters we had and always wanting to run down to the beach, which my wise mother forbid.

I forgot to tell you about the winner of a print for October's First Friday at my mini-gallery inside Constellation Gallery.  The October Print Winner is.... Heather Chandler.  I don't have a photo of her because you don't have to be present to win and she wasn't around when I picked the winner.

Did I tell you about our trip to the Fryeburg Fair?  I used to live in that town too before my family moved to Cape Neddick, but I digress.  One of the best things about the fair was the goats!  Who knew that you could fall in love with goats!!  I was so enamored that I had to take some photos and even did a goat portrait.  So who would be interested in my goaty images?  My friend Margaret, comic genius behind Nanny Goats in Panties!  Go click on this link for her blog and then page back to read some of her other posts. 

Meanwhile, I'm stewing over creating a marketing piece for the gallery's Nov 14th fundraiser and I'm already behind the timeline....
Post a Comment