Monday, August 27, 2012

Yes, dear reader, there is a reason you haven't seen a post lately.  It's been hella busy this month, which is a good thing.  Not only was our niece Marlies out for a visit at the beginning, but my sister came out to help celebrate my birthday.  We took a trip to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.  You can see some photos of it here.  Then I had a sublime artistic experience - taking a workshop called Figure in the Landscape with Elizabeth Opalenik.  Click here to go to her website.  She is a marvel and so inspiring to learn from.  So now I have these wonderful images from the workshop that I can't quite get to yet. 

I'm finally getting to work on the images I took in Savannah at Bonaventure Cemetery that I took in the rain when we drove down to visit my sister.  Why now?  Because next month, the theme for the juried show at Constellation is Freak Show and it's getting into the spooky Halloween time of the  year.  Here is a shot taken with the iPod using the Hipstamatic app and then manipulated a wee bit in Photoshop.


Post a Comment