Saturday, March 10, 2012

Back to the Boards?

Well, not me personally, but after last night's meeting about the first annual Portland Fringe Festival with members of the Portland Theatre Collaborative, I'm just about to direct an old Beyond the Proscenium Productions chestnut - Dancing with Desire: A Poetic Fandango with the Erotic and the Bawdy.  This compilation of erotic poetry, punctuated with sassy, dirty limericks, last played the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 1996.  In that production, I played the Older Woman and received the only fan letters I've ever had in my performing career.  The other characters were the Younger Woman and the Man, played by Samatha Ostermiller and Tim Dougherty.  Here's a photo of us at Luna's Cafe where we performed it as a fundraiser for the trip to the Fringe.

Yes, this was way back before I let my hair go prematurely salt and pepper.  It will be 20 years this July.  Time sure passes quickly when you're having fun!
Post a Comment