Saturday, May 14, 2011

Moving on up...

This is what my studio looks like right now.  I think the space is smaller than my other studio in Sacto, so it will take a bit of readjustment and I'll probably have to lose somethings, which is not bad.  While I'm anxious to get things set up, I know that if I don't focus on getting the rest of the house unpacked, it will take forever to feel moved in.

I find that to really make good art, I need to have a certain comfort level with the rest of my surroundings.  For those of you on Facebook, I've post the photos from last Thursday when the moving truck caught up with us and delivered the goods! 

It's also interesting to go from a very horizontal way of living, as we've had out in California since 1984, to our current vertical way of life in a two-story house with my studio in the attic.  I'm sure all this will influence the art I will make in the future.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Post a Comment