Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pretty Pictures

I'm really having a blast doing head shots for folks.  I can remember when I first started to get serious about photography, I never thought that I would be a good portrait photographer.  When I started doing editorial photos for the theatre company (Beyond the Proscenium), I thought to myself .. hmmm ... and how is this different?

Then last year, my friend George Streng and I started the Women's Wisdom Portrait Project, where we went over the Sacramento Food Bank, where Women's Wisdom Art holds court, to photograph the women who are students there and the local artists who are instructors.  Of course we did a twist to the project by also shooting their art work made in the program and integrating that into the portraits. 

So I must offer deep thanks and gratitude to both George and all the women we photographed for giving me the courage to forge ahead adding portrait photography to my bag of tricks.  My latest client is Bonnie Rollin, a terrific ceramic artist here in Sacramento.






Post a Comment