Thursday, February 17, 2011

Head Shots Anyone?

Although most of the time what I post here concerns my fine art photography, I'm not above being a shooter for hire!  I used to think that I really didn't have the chops for portrait photography, but that notion was dispelled when I worked on the portraits of the women and instructors at the Women's Wisdom Art Project at the FoodBank this past year with my friend George Streng.


One of my dear friends, Maggie needed some new head shots since she is doing a bit more commercial work these days, so we agreed upon a time to come over to her house to do the shoot.  I asked her to pull clothing for three very different looks - Grandma in the Kitchen, Executive Woman and Auntie Mame.  I also took an extra light with me as I couldn't remember how much natural light she had in her house.  When I got there I was delighted that tons of light was streaming in through the two walls of living room windows!

I'm gonna post some of my favorites where I think that Maggie has assumed some new characters.  I didn't do much in post, as for commercial and theatre work you really need to look like your head shot. 




 So, give me a call if you need a new head shot!
Post a Comment