Friday, January 28, 2011

Aloha

Looks like I've been scanning old photos you say?  Au contraire mon frere - it's a photo I took yesterday with my groovy little iPod camera.  Have I told you lately how much I love JK for getting that for me for Xmas?  We're here at Waikiki Beach with Diamond Head standing guard because it's JK's 60th birthday! 

I don't know if you folks remember that my sister used to live out here and then my mom moved out here - but to Big Island near Hilo.  Mom got sick so since sista was the primary caretaker, I flew out every six weeks to give her a long weekend away.  I racked up tons of miles by the time Mom died and sista moved to Savannah. 

So I thought,, why not take JK out here for his b-day since we're moving to the opposite coast?  He loves Hawaii and Wakiki even though it's tourist central here in O'ahu, the most densely populated of all the islands.  After all, the flight is freaking free!!! 

Crash the wonder dog (we wonder about him all the time) is staying with his Aunt Barb and Uncle Dan up in Lakeport and Bob & Vivian have a house sitter who cares for them.  So this means we are carefree until we land back in Sacto on Monday night.

Tonight we're gong to Alan Wong's for dinner.  I called a couple of weeks ahead for a reservation, after I heard that its President Obama's fav place here in Honolulu.  A lively report on that and pictures will come in the next few days.  In the meantime, it's time for my massage and perhaps I'll have another Blue Hawaii after that!

Post a Comment