Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tweeting Art

I'm very excited to become involved with a new international art project!  Thanks David Sandum for allowing me to help get those kids books printed in a language I will never understand.  OK, that one sentence was my only try at being a comedy blogger, I know, I know, don't quit your day job.  But now, what to send.  I've been working on this piece

It's a homage to Richard Serra, the sculptor based on a photo I took at San Francisco MOMA of the rust on one of his small pieces in the Fisher Collection, which I blogged about back in August.  I'm gonna print it on photo paper at 5 x 7"  and attach it to a sturdy substrate and send it off to Moss, Norway.  

What I love about it is that it is happening in Norway, a country I would like to visit someday.  Speaking of the north countries.... JK and I have decided to move to Portland Maine!  It's officially official now.  We're gonna have one monster garage sale (including artwork) to try to sell most of our stuff.  We also have this wonderful 2 bedroom, 2 bath house with an office space and an income producing (unless you're an artist and you want to use it as a studio as I've done) one bedroom cottage in the back yard near the pool.  We still have some remodeling to do in the master bath, but other than that we're good to go!

When I dropped off Power #1, ran into Gale Hart at the Center for Contemporary Art.  She's apparently thinking of hitting the road to become a possible full time RVer... hope she comes to visit us in Maine!  The big art auction there is on November 20th.

Next up - Blog Blast for Peace!
Post a Comment