Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Time Marches On in Merry London Town

London's Victoria and Albert Museum or the V & A, as they say at the BBC, has long been the bastion of the decorative side of the arts in England.  It's the place for furniture, ceramics, glass, clothing of many eras.  But now, they have stepped out of the rarified world of old objects into the digital age!  I kid you not.  The V&A is now hosting a digital art show.  But after reading both the V&A info and the little piece by the BBC, I have to ask myself if it's really art, or just decorative software.


Although I am a digital artist, I don't have the programming skills to do the sort of work that the V&A is showing.  However I do use fractals, which are based on algorithms - math.  To the left is a design for a CD cover I'm working on for digital percussionist and looping artist extraordinaire, Mike Crain.  
Post a Comment