Sunday, November 22, 2009

Video Art

This morning was the day to shoot Renee Rhodes' video art piece up at the Bernal Heights park.  Luckily it was only drizzling, not pouring rain.  Out of the 30 people that had said they were GO  on the project, only 20 showed up.  Ever moved as The Borg with 19 other people?  It's quite an experience and perhaps not one that I'd like to repeat in the near future. 

Perhaps it's because I'm a director and used to bossing people around.  I really had to bite my lip a couple of times when some of the group spoke up.  After all it was Renee's project and I was only there as an "actor".  Here are some shots that I took with my camera phone of the site and the people I was working with.

Renee looking over her notes before the shoot.

















Renee wanted everyone to wear either yellow or orange.  Of course I don't own any clothing that is yellow or orange so thankfully she brought some bright yellow plastic raincoats.  I would include her website URL, but when I went there some dumb asses had hacked it!  I can see hacking a corporate site or something like that, but why hack the site of an artist?
Post a Comment