Thursday, November 19, 2009

Figuring out the Art Market

It's difficult at times and varies from place to place and event to event.  This past weekend, I was at the St. Mary's Art Fair in East Sacramento.  I had only sold one print last year, so this year I thought I would be a smarty pants and make some special art specific to the event.  That worked when I did the NadaDada shows these past two years! 

So I made some kanji transfers onto 4 inch square canvases that were about 2 inches thick... think blocks.  Then I painted into the transfer and over the sides.  I (under) priced them at $35 each with a $5 discount for each additional one you bought.  Did they sell?  Hell No.  What did sell were my digital floral woodcut prints and canvases.  OK, please remember I just took these photos on my dining room floor so they're not the best.  I will have to take some better photos for the Etsy site sometime later.




 


 




Please no comments on my bad photography, but what do you think of these? 
Post a Comment