Monday, October 12, 2009

Thank You Readers


Here at Waiting for the Muse we are pleased to announce that we have had over 3,950 visitors to date! I'm saying over that amount because it took me awhile to get hip to the free visitor counters.



And for my non-facebook friends (there must be a few of you), here's the newest photo post there in the spirit of the season.  If I were a bird I'd be spooked by this out in the garden.



Yes, I had to take a day job as a scarecrow in the community garden of my neighborhood.  What's a working girl to do?


I know that times are tight all over, but at least I've not been reduced to eating acorns like this poor critter.



I don't know about you, but I've never really watched a squirrel eat an accorn before.  Very tidy little critters.  Of course they are just like rats with bushy tails, you know.  And they can be even more dangrous than the Rabbit with Pointy Teeth in Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. 

How?  Well my friend, the cute, harmless little thing is thought to carry diseases like The Plague.  And you thought you had to be worried about that H1N1 flu!  Beleive me, there are tons of other stuff you could worry about.


But being a disciple of the philosopher Alfred E Newman, I've decided not to worry.  After all, I have limited control over what seems to be the world, so why sweat it?
Post a Comment