Thursday, December 11, 2008

Making Movies

I think I've just about recovered from my recent film shoot - Bitter/Sweet a new comedy written and directed by David Ligon, a Sacramento filmmaker and board member of the Capital Film Arts Alliance This is a short film (30 minutes) about middle-aged women and the differences between women and men. It's a very funny script and I hope that it gets into film festivals across the US and the rest of the world! I played the role of Patsy, a middle-aged widow who played the heavy, for lack of a better term and I probably do outweigh the rest of the cast! While we had two days of 12-hour shooting, I could not have asked for a more talented group of women in the cast - good work David for being able to gather such a wonderful group of ladies.
Here we are in a shot of one of the scenes in the film, from left to right: Mary Beth Barber, Sheila Ellis, Morgan, moi, Kat Monda and Ruby Sketchley. Not pictured is Aliciya, who plays Heather. We've still got two more scenes to shoot and I don't have any photos of the shoots with the guys, but yes, there are some wonderful male actors in this film too. Keep your fingers crossed that it comes to a film festival near you in 2009.
Now back to work on the giant lightbox new motel piece I'm doing for the Postcards from Nada Motel in January at the Barrick Museum in Las Vegas. If you're in that part of the world on Jan 23rd, come on down for the artists' reception. I'll be showing my digital art along with some very fine Nevada artists.
Post a Comment