Monday, November 24, 2008

Art for Music

I've always thought that it would be great fun to design CD covers for bands. But did I ever work toward that? No, it was just an idle thought made without seeing myself actually doing it. Which is funny in a way for an idiot savant graphic designer, but I never thought about it until last week when a very dear friend whose husband is in a blues band based in Red Bluff, Downtown and the Feelers, asked me to help them with the design for a new CD they were going to have done by Christmas.
The name of their new album is Strange Things Happen. This thrilled me no end as most of my art could be described that way! So after getting some input from them, I came up with about 4 different designs for them. So which design do you think they liked the best? If there is anyone out there that reads this (yes, I'm talking to both of you) and either emails me which one or puts it in the comments, I'll send you a small print of the image - without the name of the CD on it of course! Happy Guessing!
Post a Comment