Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another opening, another show

My entry for the members show at the Viewpoint Photographic Arts Center made the postcard! Granted it's the back side, but it was a black & white image - my broken angel taken at Joshua Tree National Park this past spring. If you go back in the posts to April ( I think) you'll find that story.
  • Of all things art, the studio tour was the most disappointing. The only folks who showed up were neighbors and some friends, not anyone else who toured studios in the midtown area. But then again, there wasn't really any PR for it in the local daily paper or the weekly, just a map in the Midtown Monthly. But maybe that's the way it is when you're all of 4 miles out from midtown. Another artist friend who lives south of the midtown area had the same response. I really don't know if I'll do it next year.
But I do have yet another solo show coming up for First Friday out in Woodland. I'll be showing work at my friend George Streng's photo studio. I'm really looking forward to that.
  • The Pasta Benefit at Luna's Cafe was great! We had marvelous food and wine plus a short scene from BPP's next show that opens Oct 17th - Matt & Ben and Nick showed videos that he had made as promos for the past couple of years. Big thanks to Art Luna who walks the walk when it comes to supporting the arts, Claire Guest who made a great salad for us and Cynthia Burdick whose macho meat sauce was very good. Also thanks to the actors and director for the scene and everyone who donated wine or helped sell tickets.
So that's the way it is, good night and good luck.
Post a Comment