Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sacto to San Diego

September is shaping up to be a busy month as I ready the studio for the CAST - Center for Contemporary Art's Studio Tour September 27th and 28th. I just delivered a new work - Broken Angel, Mono Lake - to 1818 L Street this afternoon. This is where there will be an artist's reception on 2nd Saturday. Very nice to drum up interest in the tour, which is free this year, thanks to the Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission! This is another of my presentation experiments. I took the digital print, coated it with print guard (for archival ink purposes) then collaged it to a small canvas and then painted around it and the canvas edges.
  • The folks at Center for Contemporary Art have also done their voodoo to score a show at the SMUD gallery on 65th Street for the artists. This is just perfect for the partcipating artists - two pre-shows before the event itself. Of course I'll show a print from the Power series there. Today I was told that over 80 artists are participating this year.
And then there's the San Diego area show that I'm in the beginning of October at the Bonita Museum. Joe Nalven did a great job writing up an article about the show which is post at the Digital Art Guild website: http://www.digitalartguild.com/content/view/49/26/
Post a Comment