Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mixed Media

Got a couple of things to post today. First of all I forgot to post this photo from the Women Impressionists show in SF. Yes, that woman has a jeweled BUG on her shoulder!
  • The I remembered my sista's pet, Fluffy, which was also a jeweled insect that she got while working in Mexico as a scuba instructor. It's a Mayan thing.
here's another example http://vlaze.com/12547
  • I don't know about you, but there's no way I would want a bug crawing around on me, jewels or no....
and in a 180.... we have the 2-min play I wrote for the unknown theatre company in LA. They were soliciting for a show that they'll do called 23 Dreams about Sarah Palin.

Skippy's Sarah Dream

Setting: any kind of open stage space, or since this is a dream, an unlikely type of set ranging from the interior of a plane to a harem to a set from another show.

Characters:

Woman 1 - any age or race

Woman 2 - any age or race

Moose - guy in moose mask - any age or race

Queen Sarah – any age or race

Woman 1

Did you get your certificate?

WOMAN 2

I'm trying to avoid it. After all ...

(whispers after looking around to make sure no one can see or hear them)

I'm a les....

WOMAN 1

(Loudly)

Oh, look at those great glowing flowers! We'd never know the beauty of nuclear waste if Queen Sarah had not been put on the throne.

WOMAN 2

Lovely flowers and look at the time! We should be getting back to the factory.

Enter a Moose - a guy in a Moose mask

WOMAN 1

Oh My Gawd! I thought those beasts were extinct now.

WOMAN 2

But look he's smiling I think. Maybe they're not as dangerous as they told us.

WOMAN 1

Shut up! You know that we can't contradict Common Thought or we'll end up in the retraining camps.

MOOSE

Can you ladies help me? I need to find some food. Since the Great Sea has risen with the Great Orb of God becoming so hot, I can't find my family's favorite mushrooms anymore. Not to mention the other lovely plants we like to eat. We're vegans you know.

WOMAN 2

I didn't hear you .... La la la la la

(Puts fingers in ears and continues to la la la)

MoOSE

What's wrong with her? Did I say something to offend? I'm truly sorry.

WOMAN 1

Don't you know that it's against the Verbal Laws of the Lord, or Common Thought, to utter the v-word? Wow you have been out in the woods for a long time.

(Loud siren is heard)

Moose begins to run in a large circle quacking like a duck. Both women get down on their knees and prostrate themselves. Moose goes over to them, sniffs them and runs off stage as the siren fades into the sound of a helicopter. As the helicopter fades, Queen Sarah enters in fatigues carrying a large rifle.

Queen Sarah

Get up. Did you see a moose a few minutes ago? I got me a hankering for a moose burger.

Blackout

Post a Comment