Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's Up and Running ....

The show is up and looking great. The actors and designers have worked very hard and it shows. We only got a so-so review from the local weekly, but the reviewer failed to see that Act 2 was supposed to be radically different from Act 1 - which it is. But alas, we had too much of a focus on sex in it for her tastes apparently. Actually I think we'd all be better off if there was more sex and less fighting, killing, maiming, raping and hurting. But I suppose I'm from another planet. And I must constantly remind the actors, a review is just one opinion. Many other folks really liked it at preview and opening night. Another thing she failed to mention was the great multi-culti cast we have. Out of 13 actors, I've got 6 of color! I really like it when I can work with this kind of a cast. It's good for the audiences to see it too. I'll post one of the photos next week. This week, it's BPP's big fundraising gala on Saturday....
Post a Comment